Wednesday, November 30, 2011

ThAnKsGiViNg!

I am feeling a little down, so I figured, what better time to make myself happy & re-kindle my thoughts of a happier day, Turkey Day!

This year, Aunt Vicki had dinner at her Apartments' Clubhouse. It was a perfect Holiday setting, decorations & lights were up, big tables pushed together for dinner, football on the TV-of course, & TONS of food & fun!

This is was also the first year I made a Thanksgiving meal! Austen's mom had to work until 7pm & instead of bringing home leftovers, I decided to cook dinner & spend the Holiday with her when she got home. I was quite nervous to cook my first Turkey, but Mom (Melinda) helped me get the bird prepped & gave me some advice, so between she, my mom & recipes, I thought I could figure it out. AND I DID! This bird was juicy & heavenly & I am quite proud of myself. Oh, I might also add, I cooked the giblets in the turkey! LOL Austen cleaned the bird out for me-it grossed me out & he couldn't find them! I also made scratch pecan pie & almost scratch pumpkin-ugh canned pumpkin. The pecan pie was amazing & my entire family loved it & Austen's mom said it is now her favorite Pecan Pie! YAY! The pumpkin pie was good, meh alright. I don't like canned pumpkin pie & this was, well a canned pumpkin pie. You can definitely taste the difference, so next year, I am getting pumpkin from my mom!

Needless to say, I am so grateful for the life I have, the family & friends, my job-even tho that can always change. But for right now, in the here & now, I have a good life. I am grateful we can afford to have a Thanksgiving meal, let alone, two. It's nice to step back & let go of the stress & focus on nothing but Thanks & love.

Food fit for a King!
My loving family!

Thanks, Vicki, for the wonderful time!
The usual cousin photo op :)

And..the usual Papa passed out photo!
Austen & his mom

Before.....
After!! It was SOO good!!
 
Apparently Austen can't take a proper picture & Calie & Mouzer, as usual, are bickering :-)


Family photo after some champagne, wine & Baileys-it was a variety night!!
**My favorite**
Happy Thanksgiving to you all & hope the day was just as special for you.

1 comment:

Miss Myk said...

You look so happy!