Friday, November 04, 2011

Happy Halloween!

This year, we decided our car problems & bills were just more precedent than getting costumes. So, instead of going to some of our friends parties costume less (which would have been fine) we decided to stay home, make homemade chili, have cornbread, pumpkin beer, watch scary movies, carve pumpkins, & celebrate just the two of us.

It was a really fun weekend & we made THE BEST, BEST, BBBBEEEEESSSSSTTTT chili-EVER. I swear, it was AMAZING! We were pretty proud of ourselves! We watched Puppet Master, Halloween-of course(1st & 20 year reunion) & quite a few others. We got a 12 pack of Blue Moon's Harvest Collection, we LOVE pumpkin beer & it was delicious!


Calie was even a princess! LOL She actually kept in on her head for like 20 seconds!! She's sooo cute!



Austen did a Mario themed pumpkin & I did an angry bird-it looked AMAZING till I had to put my hand through the eyes & knock out the line separating the beak, but I still think they look great! And, let me tell you! These were THE HARDEST pumpkins I have EVER had. I mean we are talking a quarter inch thick outside rind that was ridiculously hard to cut through. Austen gave up & just scraped the skin so you could still make it out, but when lit, you couldn't see it! LOL




See, it DOES still looke like an angry bird!



Hope everyone else had a FaNtAsTiC Halloween! Next year is gunna be a BIG one since we didn't do too much, looking forward to it already!

No comments: