Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Holiday Madness-Family Style!

Oh what a fun past couple of months it has been! Holiday season is in full swing and boy has it been fun! Last year we didn't have our annual Bradshaw Halloween Party due to dad's neck. So, we were more then anxious for this year's party! It was by far one of the best parties we have had and man I already can't wait for next year's! We all took Julian trick-or-treating Halloween Night & he made out like a little bandit! He was a trooper and walked up and down 5 streets & we aren't talking short streets! Unfortunately I forgot my camera, HOWEVER, Dad grabbed his so I just need to snag them off of him. It was a great Halloween weekend & a great way to get us all excited for the Holidays.

Zombie Slayer & Pocahontas


Dad with his future son in law's! This is how he introduces them now =)


SOMEONE was a grumpy guy! He refused to put on his costume and that was just fine, he was a champ for Halloween!


The first weekend of November, Austen's mom invited us to her time-share for a nice weekend get-away and boy were we excited! We hadn't been out of town since May & were really looking forward to the weekend. 

Well, fate had other plans for us! On the way to Flag, Austen interrupts the conversation abruptly to ask us to be quiet and listen to the car. First, his mom & I don't here anything, & then BAM! There it was, this horrific, loud, grinding-clacking, scary noise! We pulled off & called the tow company & spent the next hour 1/2 waiting for them to come save us. 

I am very proud of us, we all kept a chipper attitude, the weather was nice and we were just so grateful to be safe! After we returned, we found out she had blown a rod & the mechanic said we were very lucky to have not gotten in a horrible car accident, again, so grateful we were all safe. We ended up spending the weekend at her house & had a really nice time. It was a really special weekend for me and really bonded she and I. We decided to take some pics to show our "adventure!"

He was so great! Pushed us a good 300 feet so the tow truck could have easy access to the car! He's my champ =)


Thank goodness for timers! Our first family photo on Austen's side of the family =)

 And FINALY! ThAnKsGiViNg!!! Oh I just love it so much! This was our first Turkey Day as a couple as well as Erica & Jeremy's and it was amazing! I am so blessed with the family I have been given. My family has been through many, many trials and tribulations but always hold on tight to one another and grow closer and stronger through the years. As a little girl I was so angry, I find myself more and more grateful. I was really given a blessing to know them and be a part of something really special. This year was just so full of love and laughter. We spent the holiday at my dad's house-my great-grandparents old farm. It was a very cold day, the fire was blazing, the game was on, tons of yummy food, lots of chatting and laughs, and to end the night, a big bon fire in the pit all bundled up sharing stories. Austen has really opened up and found a special place in my families heart.*** I just heard Joey say on Friends, "It's like a fairytale come true!" Oh how fitting that was! I am so grateful for the love I am shown every day from Austen, my family and my friends. This has been a great Holiday season thus far! We didn't take any pictures this Thanksgiving so Erica, Jeremy, Austen and I took a couple of pics at the end of the night at our house, it was a great day. =)

Happy Thanksgiving!




No comments: