Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Birthday Sickness Part Deux!

Cough, sniffles, nose blowing like a trumpet, hack-hack, SNORING-these are all the lovely sounds that were heard on Austen's birthday, no we did not go to a concert to get these lovely little compositions, they were from the two of us! Let me tell you what! UGGH! That is all I can say! LOL I swear if I hear one of us hack a lung up anytime soon, I might knock someone out!

Poor Austen Lee. His birthday was, Jan. 14th, a day we were planning to
FINALLY go on a real date & FINALLY celebrate one of our birthdays the RIGHT way. Oh how WRONG were we! It started the Saturday before with me saying I thought I was coming down with something & the way I felt, it was going to be bad. I woke up Sunday & felt crummy but had so much on my plate that day with my candle party, my body just didn't have the chance to break down. But literally, 10 minutes, yes, REALLY, 10 minutes after everyone left & I started to relax, my temperature shot up, my sinuses immediately clogged & the infection was on! I was a sanitizing freak for the week, was down all week with a fever, and one of the worst colds I have had since, well, since MY birthday in June! =) I was really hoping with me being so careful, I would be better by his birthday & he would be able to enjoy his day-yep, wrong AGAIN! Poor guy had no chance & was SO sick for his birthday. I finally started to get better this past Sunday & he is finally feeling better but ended up missing Sunday & Monday from work due to him being so ill.

Even though he was so sick, he still enjoyed his day as much as he could. He had a shot of sake, we ordered wings, mozzarella sticks & fried mushrooms for dinner, we opened the bottle of chocolate red wine we received from his mom for Christmas-each had 2 drinks & just couldn't have anymore. We finally dug into Austen's cake 2 days ago-so there were no candles-Austen doesn't like them on cake anyway, can't stand the melted wax lol. But, I still sang to him on his day!

Here are just a few pictures to remember his special day.....you have been warned, we look to good to be true! HAH

I mean, this really is our picture together for his birthday. All I can do is laugh & be grateful we were together to celebrate & cross my fingers hoping for some better birthday celebrations to come!


Austen asked for a scratch ice-cream cake this year. I made him a from scratch devils food cake, then a layer of crushed oreo's, a layer of recess pieces, then peanut butter cup ice cream & last whip cream for the frosting. It was really yummy & really easy to make-one I am sure he will ask for many more times.






The picture doesn't make the cake portion look very good-damn frozen cake not shooting pretty! LOL It was very good though =)


Sick as hades and still handsome as the devil! HaPpY BiRtHdAy, Austen, glad it was still enjoyable! Love you! XOXO

No comments: