Friday, February 11, 2011

Chocolate Fever!

Hello, all! Time for another Lulu update, aren't we excited?? =) I just have to say, 2011 has been good! The past month was a great one with a lot of family time & February has been no different.

The Chocolate Festival in Glendale was last weekend (2/4-2/6) & how I wish I was there all 3 days! I guess it's a good thing we live in Tempe or it would have been on-crap it was free to go! There were tons of booths with cool crafts & what not like you would see at any street carnival or fair & one booth, Wonderful Wacky Women, was particularly awesome. I had looked away & came back to a surprise from my love!


It is a really sweet poem title, "She who is my sunshine." It's really sweet & I may do a post with the poem! His mom was fidgeting around & popped up with another one for me, "She who is my daughter in law." It about near made me tear up! Definitely a cool thing for any lady you may know! You should definitely check out her work-Suzy Toronto, here is a link to her site
http://www.suzytoronto.com/wonderful-wacky-women.html


Saturday was when we went & it was such a good time. Austen's mom, Melinda called & invited us, so Austen & I spent the day at her house catching up on some laundry & when she got off work, she, Austen, a co-worker of hers, & I headed on out. I swear there was chocolate everywhere. Now, this is a little too much TMI, I know, but it was the week before Miss Nature came for a visit & let me tell you, it was soooo hard not to want to eat everything in sight! Chocolate strawberries, bananas, the biggest & fanciest peanut-butter cups I had seen, cheesecake on a stick-yes, cheesecake on a stick! OHHH! There was even CHOCOLATE BACON!! HAHA Yes, BACON! Melinda bought a bar for all of us to try, but we forgot to grab a bite before we left her house-hopefully she saved some for us! Unfortunately my batteries were dead so we only got a few pictures, but it was a great time & something I DEFINITELY want to do again!

Another fun booth was the tie-dye booth, super cute things surprisingly! LOL I couldn't believe the prices though-$19 for a onesie!!! Melinda loved these boxers, I told her we will make a date & make our own!












Not the clearest shot, but Austen wanted us to take this picture for Julian. Mr. Man has been having a rough few days & was going to come to the festival with us, unfortunately that tude of his took over & he lost it. This was Austen's idea to show him how fun it was & to start working on earning fun activities. When we got there, Austen totally was wishing Julian could have been there, so Julian, next time, we are going to be a big boy & come with! =)

All in all, a great day! LOL I don't like this pic. of me, but it was the only one of the two of us! Thanks Chocolate Festival for such a fun night!

2 comments:

Miss Myk said...

Love the Irish background! Love that fact you have such a great guy (and his family too!)

As fourth of july approaches I miss the Bradshaws even more!!!

Say hello to all of them, especially Erica and her babies :-) Crazy to think she has 2 kids!

Lindsie said...

HAHA Thanks Missy!! I need to update this darn thing, life has been crazy! Hope you all are doing well & I too think of the amazing times we had around the 4th. There were MANY a good party! Love & miss you all. xoxo